Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ELF haul

 
 
My ELF order came in! Yay! They had sent me a really great discount code in my email offering 10 free mineral eye shadows with an online order of $20. And since I had wanted to try a few of their products anyway... I totally went for it! :)





1. Blush x 3                           
2. Mineral lipstick x 3             (Nicely Nude, Runway Pink)
3. Lip stain                              (Heartbreaker)
4. Eyelid primer/sealer
5. Mineral eyeshadow x 10
6. Blush brush
7. Eyeliner brush
8. Matifying powder




 
 
{Dreamy, Flirty, Girly, Sweet}
 
The ELF mineral eye shadows are basically a good sheer shimmery shadow. They are not highly pigmented so they definitely are best for a daytime spring/summer look. I used the eyelid primer as well and they last a good 6-8 hours. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase them, but I am very happy to have a $30 value for free to start my spring collection :)
 
 

{Peachy Keen, Tickled Pink}
 
 
I absolutely love the blushes! I actually bought two of the pinks because I had a feeling they would be perfect for the warmer months to come and I was completely right. The pigmentation is just right too. I even love ELF's blush brush! I have officially replaced my Sonia Kashuk blush brush with it lol.
 
 


 
{Angelic, Wild, Bronzed, Seductive}
 
Natural browns are my usual eye makeup pick, so I also went with this color range for my typical neutral day to day look. Definitely more my comfort zone. So far, so good! Again, not super pigmented though.
 
 
I like the lipsticks as well. I think I would rather spend the $5 on a Rimmel or NYC lipstick though since they are more long lasting and pigmented.
 
 
Although I wear makeup daily, I hardly ever spend the money necessary to experiment with different brands and products. Its so nice to be able to try something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment