Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vivien Leigh Portrait

 
 
Last week I began my first piece in a series of celebrity portraits, both iconic and contemporary, whom I completely love, to kick start on my portfolio. Here it is :)



This was completed using 2H and 6B pencils on acid-free sketch paper,
and measures 7x9.5".

 
I wanted to start with someone classic, but Audrey and Marilyn are so often done I decided to go with Vivien Leigh initially. Her attitude and expression in this scene are just too perfect lol.

I really do love how it turned out. I hope you like!
  
Next on the list?

Scarlett Johannson. I already started lol. Soon to be complete! :)
 
 
Other possibilities I am liking:
 
Elizabeth Taylor
Aishwarya Rai
Carey Mulligan
Christina Hendricks
Claire Danes
Lana Del Rey
Troian Bellisario
Ashley Benson

As for the men, oh will they be fun! I want to try one of Sherlock from the BBC drama, and of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy... oh the challenge lol.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment